The evaluator is the perfumer’s “Advisor”. The evaluator accompanies creators on each step of their project: from understanding the client’s brief to the final creation. The evaluator guides creators into giving their absolute best to each and every new project. From morning to evening, s/he evaluates, feels, and submits new ideas: this is their daily life.
Family Business: Creation and Development
Other(s)name(s) standard(s): –
- Manage the collections (parfumotheques) and accumulate knowledge of raw materials, ingredients, olfactory families specific to odor, much like archiving a true olfactory bookstore.
- To be the intermediary between creation and marketing by managing projects and client briefs.
- Understand the brand’s portfolio (heritage, values, products, etc) and all cosmetic and perfume markets at an international and national level.
- Assist the perfumers in their creative work.
- Understand the client’s brief and translate it to the perfumer : decrypting client expectations and reinterpreting them to be the most relevant.
- Aid in improving products while still respecting standards.
- Evaluate new creations and products already on the market by smelling and describing the products.
- Organize sensory evaluation testing of consumer products.
- Analyze trends, know the latest trends of consumption, not only in fragrance but others as well.
- Be curious.
- Collaborate with marketing teams.
- Determine selection criteria for new products: production (steady and reliable), olfactory or gustatory interest, non-toxicity of the material, etc.
- Present the product submissions, meet customers and take into account comments and transmit them to the creators in order to guide their work.
- Teach olfaction techniques and provide advice on the use and consumption of products by training customers and introducing them to various studies, markets products, trends, etc.