We welcome you to our establishment situated in a Provençal style house, built in the early 20th Century. You will find an ambiance which is both warm and professional. You will have at your disposal a large classroom including an application laboratory (perfumer’s organ) and a collection of more than 500 raw materials. Our lecturers are all confirmed perfumers from the prestigious companies such as Charabot, Firmenich, IFF, Mane, Robertet…
- Discovers of the raw materials (history, culture, harvest, cost..).
- Methods of extraction (distillation, solvents extraction, infusion…).
- Practical work (olfaction).
- Study of standard accords (aromatic & flowered Cologne*, soliflore rose and jasmine *, Cyprus, fern).
* accords given as an example, and may be modified
- Natural perfume formulation (practical work).
- Visit to growers and extraction plants (Centifolia rose in May, Grasse jasmine in September).
Natural fragrances applications & cosmetics
- Application of essential oils for beauty and well-being
- From the fine fragrance to cosmetic application : how to adapt the fragrance to the support ?
- Practical work : specific formulation for different supports. Candles, soap, shower gel, shampoo, body milk, body oil…
- For each product type, formulation development, manufacturing considerations, and stability testing will be discussed.
- From classical to natural and organic cosmetic. New concepts and formulation review.
The Centifolia rose fields and extraction plants with the student perfumers of GIP