These courses are designed for non-professional persons who are passionate about fragrances.
We welcome you to our establishment situated in a Provençal style house, built in the early 20th Century. You will find an ambiance which is both warm and professional. You will have at your disposal a large classroom including an application laboratory (perfumer’s organ) and a collection of more than 500 raw materials. Our lecturers are all confirmed perfumers from the prestigious companies such as Firmenich, IFF, Mane, Robertet…
Discovery of raw materials and accords
- The history of perfumery.
- The chemistry of perfume :
Some basic chemical knowledge to provide a better understanding of the structure of molecules possessing a sensory power.
The volatility and solubility of sensory molecules.
- The vocabulary of perfume :
Olfactory concepts. Technical vocabulary.
- An apprenticeship in raw materials and olfaction:
Natural and synthetic raw materials.
- An apprenticeship in creating simple accords :
Jasmine, rose, carnation…
- Visit to growers:
Jasmine, lavender, tuberose…
Genealogy and fragrance creation
- More synthetic and natural raw materials.
- Genealogy of perfumes :
Feminine and Masculine fragrances.
- Olfactive evaluation of famous perfumes.
- Deeper understanding of how to create accords.
- Creation and fragrance composition.
- Visits to factories and laboratories.