S/He explores new markets, searching for supply sources from domestic and international suppliers as well as local producers. S/He ensures a sustainable and equitable approach to sourcing by negotiating the best conditions for purchasing new materials.
Family Business: Innovation – Research and Development
Other(s)name(s) standard(s): Responsible for raw materials Sourcing
Knowledge of the raw materials market. Chemistry. Purchasing. Negotiation skills. Fluent English.
Scientific spirit. A good sense of negotiation and communication. Mobility.
Chemist with flavourist specialization, perfumer type ISIPCA, Engineer, Master from Institute of Technology.
- Maintain quality control of raw materials.
- Detect innovative raw materials.
- Identify and evaluate best supply sources.
- Understand the history of products, the sector, local customs, and the economic cycles of the country.
- Analyze the potential of raw materials.
- Determine selection criteria: production (steady and reliable), olfactory or gustatory interest, non-toxicity of the material, etc.
- Reference new suppliers.
- Get in touch with local suppliers.
- Negotiate purchasing conditions.
- Develop partnerships while taking into consideration sustainable development, environmental impact, societal and economical consequences and benefits for local producers.
- Oversee and secure the raw materials.
- Ensure that the raw materials are grown, picked and processed in the best conditions.
- Verify compliance with the specifications established with producer loads.
- Develop and follow the collections in terms of quality, margins, price, order, delays in deliveries, reminders, and disputes.
- Be the intermediary between creation and development (perfumers, flavourists, and the formulation laboratory)
- Optimize the materials portfolio integrated into the compositions.