- Discovery of raw materials and accords
- The history of perfumery.
- The chemistry of perfume :
Some basic chemical knowledge to provide a better understanding of the structure of molecules possessing a sensory power.
The volatility and solubility of sensory molecules.
- The vocabulary of perfume :
Olfactory concepts. Technical vocabulary.
- An apprenticeship in raw materials and olfaction:
Natural and synthetic raw materials.
- An apprenticeship in creating simple accords :
Jasmine, rose, carnation…
- Visit to growers:Jasmine, lavender, tuberose…
- Genealogy and fragrance creation
- More synthetic and natural raw materials.
- Genealogy of perfumes :
Feminine and Masculine fragrances.
- Olfactive evaluation of famous perfumes.
- Deeper understanding of how to create accords.
- Creation and fragrance composition.
- Visits to factories and laboratories.
Laurence Fauvel, Senior Perfumer
(Alumni from Givaudan – Roure School)