- Discovery of synthetic / natural raw materials and accords
- The history of perfumery.
- The chemistry of perfume:
Some basic chemical knowledge to provide a better understanding of the structure of molecules possessing a sensory power.
The volatility and solubility of sensory molecules.
- The vocabulary of perfume:
Olfactory concepts. Technical vocabulary.
- Genealogy and fragrance creation
- Deeper understanding of how to create accords.
- Genealogy of perfumes:
Feminine and Masculine fragrances.
- An apprenticeship in raw materials and olfaction:
Natural and synthetic raw materials.
- An apprenticeship in creating simple accords:
Jasmine, rose, carnation…
- Olfactive evaluation of famous perfumes.
- Creation and fragrance composition.
Please note the program may vary slightly depending on weather conditions and the expectations of the students
- Visit to a factory or a laboratory.
- Visit to garden: Jasmine, lavender, tuberose (according to the season and the weather)…
Laurence Fauvel, Senior Perfumer
(Alumni from Givaudan – Roure School)