- Discovers of the raw materials (history, culture, harvest, cost..).
- Methods of extraction (distillation, solvents extraction, infusion…).
- Practical work (olfaction).
- Study of standard accords (aromatic & flowered Cologne*, soliflore rose and jasmine *, Cyprus, fern).
* accords given as an example, and may be modified
- Natural perfume formulation (practical work).
- Visit to growers and extraction plants (Centifolia rose in May, Grasse jasmine in September).
Natural fragrances applications & cosmetics
- Application of essential oils for beauty and well-being
- From the fine fragrance to cosmetic application : how to adapt the fragrance to the support ?
- Practical work : specific formulation for different supports. Candles, soap, shower gel, shampoo, body milk, body oil…
- For each product type, formulation development, manufacturing considerations, and stability testing will be discussed.
- From classical to natural and organic cosmetic. New concepts and formulation review.
Elizabeth Proal – First week
Carole André – Second week