Be aware, this training course is not in Grasse but in Forcalquier (110km north of Marseille)!
Grasse Institute of Perfumery welcomes you in an authentic 13th Century Convent founded by the Franciscan order in Provence. The Convent, officially listed as a historical monument, has been restored with the greatest respect for its original design. Contemporary and traditional materials have been carefully matched to provide a rare combination of a prestige site and modern conference facilities. The course will take place in a modern lecture hall equipped with 20 consoles especially designed for sensory analysis and perfume creation.
At Forcalquier, in the heart of Haute Provence, the country of lavender and clary sage, the convent of Cordeliers (founded in 1236) welcomes you to discover the scents of Provence and introduces you to the creation of fragrances built on these wonderful raw materials.
- The vocabulary of perfume
- Olfactory concepts. Technical vocabulary
- The medicinal and aromatic plants of Haute-Provence
- Study of the main aromatic plants grown in Haute Provence. Different extractions methods. Different types of extracts: absolute, concrete and essential oils.
- Apprenticeship in raw materials and olfaction
- Study of the main natural and synthetic raw materials used in perfumery, with a focus on the local one.
- Visit to growers and extraction plants
- Genealogy and olfactive evaluation
Genealogy is the pedigree of a perfume. It facilitates the classification of perfumes by olfactory family. You will discover several perfumes that use raw materials of Provence.
- According to the studies, you will learn and create classical accords (cologne, aromatic, floral…)
- Creation and fragrance composition
Play with raw materials, accords and create your own perfume.