This training course is led by Miss Carole André, Perfumer and Cosmetician. Carole André has a degree in organic chemistry and also the option ISIPCA perfumery. Teacher in perfumes and cosmetics, she created her company in November 2004 for training and services. Since that, she divides her time between the various schools and universities where she teaches both the formulation and olfaction and creativity and sensory analysis, and professional customers who want to develop new ranges or in need of supervision regulatory.
The working language is English. The number of participants is limited to 8.
Please note that this training course is reserved to people having already followed another level 1, 2 or 3 short course in GIP (Fragrance Summer School, Natural Fragrances & Cosmetics, Scent of Provence, Taste and Smell…).
- Soaps: study of the chemical reaction, understanding the impact of the raw materials, improving the yield and quality of the soaps, cold and hot processes.
- Candles: study of the different kind of raw material, plant origin and paraffin origin, their impact on the quality, how to do a proper blend and pouring, short insight on regulation.
- The saponification chemistry, raw materials & processes
- Candles formulation, tips & tricks
- Cold process saponification
- Hot process saponification
- Scented candles
Please note the program may vary slightly depending on weather conditions and the expectations of the students
- Harvest/hand picking of neroli blossom, pic-nic in the fields, steam distillation
- Soaps manufacturing at a family company
(day might change according to weather forecast)